Monday, November 7, 2011

Here's an excerpt from the Noah Levine article on Huffington Post (entitled "Against The Stream: The Dharma Punx Path") that I read from last week:

"I came to the realization that the only thing that had ever truly alleviated confusion and suffering in my life was meditation. So I began to explore the possibility of finding a spiritual solution to my living crisis. One of the foundational experiences of my early spiritual exploration was the twelve-step process of recovery from alcoholism and addiction. Although I had been sober for a couple of years and was attending twelve-step meetings regularly, I had never truly attempted to practice the principles of the steps, which together form a practical spiritual and psychological process. In 1990, I began to do what was suggested in the recovery program, which consisted of prayer, meditation, personal inventories, and amends."

Click here to read the whole article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noah-levine/against-the-stream-the-dh_b_138541.html

No comments:

Post a Comment